Carlson Civil Product Review
A complete civil engineering design software for surface modeling, roads/highways, site-design and a wide variety of land development projects.
Road and Site Design Made Easy
Carlson Civil provides the most robust automation and ease-of-use of any civil design solution available today, and it does dynamic updating without a single custom object. Carlson Civil’s wide selection of “power” tools enable users to increase their productivity as they create better road, site, and subdivision designs in less time.
Carlson Civil is comparable to civil design programs such as: DCA/Softdesk/Land Desktop, AutoCAD Map, Civil 3d, Eagle Point, TerraModel, GeoPak and InRoads. Some features of Carlson Civil also match up well to construction estimating software such as Paydirt, Quest and Agtek.
Carlson Civil can be purchased as a standalone module or as part of the Civil Suite which also includes Survey, Hydrology and GIS. It can run standalone with the included license of IntelliCAD or on top of a separately purchased license of full AutoCAD.
All Carlson Software purchases will be delivered by email with your new serial number and download instructions within two business days.
Carlson Civil users have an extensive selection of analysis and design tools at their fingertips, including these favorites:
- Road NETwork – Use it for the design of streets, highways, roadway intersections, Cul-de-Sacs, traffic circles and more!
- Lot NETwork – Design and layout of tracts of land including residential subdivisions, office parks and commercial property development projects!
- Site NETwork – Automate the tasks of subgrade design, takeoffs, cost-estimating and surface model generation and migrate this data to GPS-assisted machine control products including Carlson Grade!
- Design Pad Template – For complex grading scenarios involving foundation pads, drainage basins, parking lots and more!
- Project Setups – Flexible data and settings storage
- Data Compatibility – Supports industry stand LandXML, plus specific data conversion
- Draw Standard Items: Create common CAD entities with pre-defined properties
- Settings Explorer: Manage all program settings from single interface
- Settings Libraries: setup tables for symbols, layers, road templates, etc.
- Data Depot: Document management for workgroups and archiving
- Project Sub-Folders: Custom controls of data folders by type