Stonex R25 series Product Review
High accuracy and long reflectorless range are the perfect combination that makes Stonex R25/R25LR the best friend of every professional surveyor. Cadastral, mapping, staking out, and up to high precision monitoring works: within the range of R25/R25LR Series, you will find the solution that fits your needs. R25/R25LR comes standard with integrated onboard field software, a complete suite of applications, and an external controllers can be linked to Stonex R25/R25LR, through the Bluetooth™ wireless connection: no limitation will stop your working process. Stonex R25/R25LR features endless friction drives for continuous horizontal and vertical rotations: no more knobs and clamps with limited movements but a more comfortable use of the station. The trigger key on the side of the instrument allows you to start the measurement very easily.
- Angle accuracy of 2″
- Distance accuracy of 2mm + 2ppm
- Max range of 5000 meters with prism
- Endless friction drive and trigger key
- Onboard software included
What is it used for?
This Total station can be used for the following applications:
LIMITLESS DISTANCE MEASUREMENTS
By using digital phase laser ranging technology, R25/R25LR guarantees high accuracy long range measurements: 600/1000m in reflectorless mode and up to 5000m using a single prism, with millimeter accuracy
FAST, ACCURATE, RELIABLE
Measuring distances in one second, with 2mm accuracy, makes any job extremely cost effective and reliable. The wide range of application software allows to complete the Surveyor’s tasks directly in the field.
ONE DAY OF CONTINUOUS FIELD WORK
Thanks to the low power consumption circuit design and to the two high capacity batteries R25/R25LR gives the opportunity to continuously work for around 13 hours. No concern for data storage: the improved 4 Gb internal memory and the SD card up to 16 Gb store an huge amount of data.
TEMPERATURE PRESSURE SENSORS
Temperature and pressure changes have a negative impact on the accuracy of distance measurements: the smart R25/R25LR monitors the changes and automatically adjusts the distance calculations.
Possible total station setups
Depending on your requirements you have the following options:
- Surveying software. Your Total Station provides you with the data you need but you still need surveying software in order to process this information. Which software you need depends on your needs. We recommend keeping it simple and don’t pay for things you don’t need. Having that said, if you do have to do complicated surveying work make sure you get the right software. Some recommended options are Carlson, Aplitop andFieldGenius. If you need help, feel free to contact us by phone or via the chat below!
- Data collector. You might need a tablet or controllerto run your software on. A tablet is however not always needed as some Total stations have onboard software already. The type of tablet depends on which software you have choosen as some are Android based and some are Windows.
- Prism pole. In order to get the best performance out of your receiver you want to minimise the disturbances around you and give it a clear sight to the satellites above. That why its recommended attaching your receiver on a 2 meter minimum surveying pole. These come in fixed rods and in telescopic rods.
- Mini prism sets. These are useful when high accuracy is needed. Mini prism sets allow you to get as close to the ground as possible, minimising the errors in movement when holding the prism pole. Useful for working on foundations and such
- Tripod and Tribrach. These are needed to setup your Total Station. Recommended for total station use are wooden tripods as these don’t expand when temperatures change. For example when you’re working out in the sun, an aluminum tripod tend to expand a noticeable amount.
Comparable Total Stations
Global GPS Systems is currently in the process of independantly testing every single Total Station on the market. In collaboration with an highly recognised surveying company we will be testing all total stations on its performance in increasingly more difficult environments, accuracy claims and more. Want to know more about this? Please Contact us.