South Galaxy G6 RTK GNSS receiver is equipped with a 220 channel Trimble BD970 or 336 channel BD990 GNSS board. In combination with an RTK Subscription this receiver is capable of providing centimetre accuracy in real time. Because The South Galaxy G6 supports GPS, Glonass, Galileo, Beidou, QZSS, IRNSS and SBAS satellite constellations it is capable of achieving this centimetre accuracy in tough conditions. Down below you can find which frequencies it supports. This receiver is also equipped with patented advanced RF Spectrum Monitoring technology. This features allows you to detect low quality satellite signals and applying filters to them to increase the overall stability. It allows you to get an RTK fix in the most inaccessible locations with poor satellite coverage. The Galaxy G6 has a standard tilt sensor that can go up to 30 degrees tilt but it can be upgraded with an IMU tilt sensor. This can be used for tilt surveying up to 60 degrees. Currently the IMU feature is only compatible with the South SurvX software and Microsurvey FieldGenius.
- RTK Enabled for 1-2cm accuracy. Compatible with RTK FIX
- 220 / 336 channels
- GPS, Glonass, Galileo, Beidou, QZSS, IRNSS and SBAS
- 4G Mobile data
- UHF radio on 410-470Mhz frequency for rover/base setup at 1,2 or 3 Watt output
- LCD Display: The 0.96-inch OLED LCD supports multiple languages and is easy to read even in bright sunshine.
- Repeater function: G6 receives corrections from the base station and can broadcast them to other rovers on VHF.
- E-bubble with Tilt sensor ( this feature is included by default
- IMU tilt survey up to 60 degrees (IMU Upgrade required)
- 2x hot swappable battery system for continuous surveying
- NFC for contactless synchronisation
- Technology iVoice: Galaxy G1 Plus supports voice messages about the operating status of the receiver and operations. It is possible to select the language of voice messages
What is it used for?
This receiver can be used in all applications where a centimetre accurate position is needed:
- GIS applications
- UAV Base Station
Comparable receivers from other brands
Global GPS Systems is currently in the process of independantly testing every single receiver on the market. In collaboration with an highly recognised surveying company we will be testing all receivers on its performance in increasingly more difficult environments, accuracy claims, Time to first fix, cold start and more. Want to know more about this? Please Contact us.