GeoMax Zoom40 Total Station. This Total Station comes with a 1″, 2″ and 5 second angle accuracy. It has a 500 or 1000 meter reflectorless range and a 3500 meter prism range. Combined with the right field software you can get your surveying work done in no time! With a Robotic or manual Total station you can generally get around a 1 to 2 millimeter accuracy. However this of course depends on the environments and the quality of the total station itself and its components. The experience of the user also plays a big role in the overal accuracy since properly working with a total station is a lot more complex than with a gnss receiver. A wrong setup from the start can have create inaccurate measurements throughout the whole survey.
- Angle accuracy of 1″, 2″ and 5″
- Distance accuracy of 2mm + 2ppm
- Max range of 3500 meters with prism
- Windows operating system
What is it used for?
This Total station can be used for the following applications:
Possible total station setups
Depending on your requirements you have the following options:
- Surveying software. Your Total Station provides you with the data you need but you still need surveying software in order to process this information. Which software you need depends on your needs. We recommend keeping it simple and don’t pay for things you don’t need. Having that said, if you do have to do complicated surveying work make sure you get the right software. Some recommended options are Carlson, Aplitop and FieldGenius. If you need help, feel free to contact us by phone or via the chat below!
- Data collector. You might need a tablet or controller to run your software on. A tablet is however not always needed as some Total stations have onboard software already. The type of tablet depends on which software you have choosen as some are Android based and some are Windows.
- Prism pole. In order to get the best performance out of your receiver you want to minimise the disturbances around you and give it a clear sight to the satellites above. That why its recommended attaching your receiver on a 2 meter minimum surveying pole. These come in fixed rods and in telescopic rods.
- Mini prism sets. These are useful when high accuracy is needed. Mini prism sets allow you to get as close to the ground as possible, minimising the errors in movement when holding the prism pole. Useful for working on foundations and such
- Tripod and Tribrach. These are needed to setup your Total Station. Recommended for total station use are wooden tripods as these don’t expand when temperatures change. For example when you’re working out in the sun, an aluminum tripod tend to expand a noticeable amount.
Comparable Total Stations
Global GPS Systems is currently in the process of independantly testing every single Total Station on the market. In collaboration with an highly recognised surveying company we will be testing all total stations on its performance in increasingly more difficult environments, accuracy claims and more. Want to know more about this? Please Contact us.